Friday, May 20, 2011

Van Zwam weighing up Ajax option

Ajax CT’s top coaching candidate Wim van Zwam says he wants to see the city first before deciding if he will take over from Foppe de Haan.

|||

Ajax Cape Town’s top coaching candidate Wim van Zwam says he wants to see the city first before deciding if he will take over from Foppe de Haan.

Urban Warriors CEO George Comitis let slip in the final press conference at Ikamva this week that Van Zwam was one of the main contenders for the job. Speaking exclusively to IOL’s sister newspaper the Daily Voice, Van Zwam revealed that he had been approached by the directors of both Amsterdam and Cape Town clubs.

However, he has not yet decided if he will take over from De Haan.

He says: “I spoke to Rik van den Boog and George Comitis and they told me that I'm one of the candidates.

“I haven’t been to Cape Town yet, so I want to go there first before I make the decision.

“But the job looks very attractive. Not only because South Africa is a land in progress, but also because of the Ajax philosophy.

“If I get the job, the first team is not my only responsibility. I also have to take care of youth players, make sure they can make it to the first squad. As a coach of The Netherlands U17, I’m used to working with youth players

”I think Ajax Cape Town is a great opportunity to develop myself as a person. A different country, different culture… I would love to go.” – Daily Voice

Source: http://www.iol.co.za/van-zwam-weighing-up-ajax-option-1.1071253

Neal Ardley English Defence League Andy Flower Alastair Cook Horse racing England cricket team

No comments:

Post a Comment