Friday, April 29, 2011

Stoke City fan: 'My red shoes will help Potters win'

LIFE-LONG Stoke fan Jacki Sadula is concerned the Potters won't win the FA Cup – unless she is at Wembley wearing her lucky red shoes.

Every time the 32-year-old has worn the shoes to a Stoke City game, the Potters have won.

The winning streak stretches to 10 matches this season and includes the 5-0 Wembley mauling of Bolton Wanderers in the cup semi-final.

But because she is a Stoke City silver member, rather than a season ticket holder, there are no guarantees she will get a ticket to watch her team grace the domestic season's finale.

Now she is pleading for a ticket, so her shoes can help fire Stoke to glory.

Jacki, who lists Matthew Etherington, Jermaine Pennant and Robert Huth as her favourite players, said: "My story is a plea for my lucky red shoes to have a ticket for the FA Cup final. Every time I've worn them to a Stoke game they've never lost.

"I've been to numerous games in them, probably about 10 matches this season, including the FA Cup quarter-finals against West Ham and the semi-final at Wembley against Bolton.

"I would love it if Stoke City would give me one, or anyone who can't make it could give me one to take me and my lucky red shoes back to Wembley to win again."

Jacki, who lives with children Brooke, aged seven, Chloe, aged three, and her partner, firefighter Rogue Lovatt, aged 36; in Hanley Road, Sneyd Green, bought her shoes from Primark for �12, two years ago.

The red leather shoes have been re-heeled twice costing �13 each time.

Jacki, who works part-time at Asda, added: "The only time I didn't wear them to the Britannia, I wore my Ugg boots instead and Stoke lost.

"I've probably seen Stoke score about 20 goals this season.

"I don't always get the chance to go, with having two girls. I've tried to get them interested, but I haven't had any luck so far."

Her father, Peter Sadula, aged 56, of Festing Street, Hanley, said: "I first took Jacki to Stoke in about 1982.

"I don't think I will be able to get a ticket either.

"I missed the 1972 League Cup final , because I was in the Army, serving with the Cheshire Regiment.

"I was on a train travelling from East Berlin to West Berlin while the match was being played, with orders to shoot anyone who tried to get on. I was only 17.

"I kept wondering how Stoke were getting on."

Stoke have played 43 games in all competitions and won 19. They have been successful in 100 per cent of the 10 games Jacki attended in her shoes, but have won only 27 per cent of the remaining games.

More Stoke City articles



Source: http://rss.feedsportal.com/c/32715/f/503368/s/14803cce/l/0L0Sthisisstaffordshire0O0Cnews0Cred0Eshoes0Ehelp0EPotters0Ewin0Carticle0E350A3620A0Edetail0Carticle0Bhtml/story01.htm

West Ham United Self-catering Ann Widdecombe CVs Internet Floyd Mayweather

No comments:

Post a Comment