Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dyer signs new Swansea deal

Swansea winger Nathan Dyer confirmed he has signed a new three-year contract with the Premier League newcomers.

|||

Swansea, Wales – Swansea winger Nathan Dyer confirmed on Tuesday he has signed a new three-year contract with the Premier League newcomers.

The 23-year-old former Southampton player was set to be out of contract next summer but will instead remain with the south Wales outfit until the summer of 2014.

A key figure in the Swans' promotion charge last term, securing the Supporters' Player of the Year award, Dyer has started the new season in a similar fashion, winning the man-of-the-match award in the goalless draw with Wigan.

“I'm really pleased. We've just got to the Premier League and I want to be part of things,” he said.

“It's a great club so I'm happy to be here. Talks went well and it was nice and easy to sign a contract. We've made massive strides as a club and I don't see why I should want to go anywhere else.

“I can learn my trade here and keep improving as a player.”

Dyer joins Ashley Williams, Andrea Orlandi, Angel Rangel, Joe Allen, Neil Taylor, Garry Monk and Tom Butler in agreeing a new deal. – Sapa-AFP

Source: http://www.iol.co.za/dyer-signs-new-swansea-deal-1.1123310

Health & wellbeing Aston villa Animals Football politics Liverpool Shaun Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment