Sunday, February 27, 2011

Maradona eyes Spain coaching job

Diego Maradona intends to continue his career as a coach and would like to work in Spain, he reportedly said in an interview.

|||

Madrid – Diego Maradona intends to continue his career as a coach and would like to work in Spain, the former Argentine great told Spanish sport daily Marca on Friday.

“My desire (to coach) remains intact and I reckon I could do it in Spain,” said Maradona.

“After the 2010 World Cup, I received two or three interesting proposals. But they didn't suit me. I thanked (the clubs) and said the time wasn't right.

“But now that the summer has passed, I'm approaching things differently.”

Maradona, 50, took charge of Argentina at last year's World Cup in South Africa but saw them thrashed 4-0 by Germany in the quarter-finals.

The Argentine Football Association (AFA) subsequently decided not to prolong his contract.

At the beginning of January he claimed to have received an offer to coach an English club, which at the time was rumoured to be Fulham. – Sapa-AFP

Source: http://www.iol.co.za/maradona-eyes-spain-coaching-job-1.1032501

Human rights Newspapers & magazines Manchester City Consumer spending Protest Dmitry Medvedev

No comments:

Post a Comment