Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Richards injury blow for Man City

Manchester City defender Micah Richards faces up to six weeks on the sidelines after suffering a torn hamstring.

|||

London – Manchester City defender Micah Richards faces up to six weeks on the sidelines after suffering a torn hamstring playing for England's Under-21s, it was confirmed Tuesday.

Richards will now miss the FA Cup semifinal against Manchester United on April 16 as well as the bulk of City's matches in the title run-in after a scan revealed a grade two muscle tear.

“It is not what I wanted to hear at all. I felt sick when I was told. I knew from experience when I did it that it felt like a bad one but I was hoping for the best,” Richards said on Manchester City's website.

“All I can do now is concentrate on getting back as quickly as possible. I must admit I did think 'why me?' for a while when I heard the news.

“Of all the games to miss, a Wembley date with United is the last one any player would choose.” – Sapa-AFP

Source: http://www.iol.co.za/richards-injury-blow-for-man-city-1.1048970

Darren Bent Economics Democrats Obama administration Housing market Alex Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment